POLICY FOR THE GRADING OF EMERGENCY PLAYERS
When playing an emergency, any disadvantage should be to your team and not to the opposition.
It is expected that all emergencies play at the number 3 or 4 position unless prior permission is obtained from the Record Secretary. (This does not apply to A1 teams.)
The following points outline the Association’s policy on the playing of emergencies. This policy, except point (a), does not apply to Section A1 as A1 is deemed an open section.
- When registering a player, all details must be filled in on the back of the score card. In the column “Grade to be Registered”, a lower section can be requested by the Club. If this area is not filled in, the emergency is graded to the team she played in for the remainder of the season.
- A team’s emergency player should not strengthen the team when replacing any team member.
- The fact that an emergency may play with some team members in another association does not mean she is a suitable emergency—she may be one of the strongest members of the other team.
- It is the aim and the responsibility of the Record Secretary to protect all teams from being disadvantaged because of a strong opposing emergency.
- In consultation, the Record Secretaries make an assessment of an emergency’s standard after taking into consideration her results, her position in the team, her opposition, any relevant information on the card and also any other information sought from other associations, clubs or teams, to enable an informed and fair decision to be made.
- If for any reason there is doubt about an emergency’s standard, she may be permitted to play again before a decision is made and may be upgraded after several matches.
- If she appears to be too strong, but it is considered the club could have been justified in playing her, she may be upgraded only.
- If it is considered that an emergency’s standard should have been known by the club to have been too high for the team in which she played, she may be deemed to be ineligible, and the team would lose all the games she won in that match.
If you are still not sure, ring the Record Secretary.