MEMRLTA EMERGENCY POOL
MEMRLTA has a pool of emergency players for teams to call upon when short of players for a match. Please read the Policy for the MEMRLTA Emergency Pool below to understand how the pool works.
Policy for the MEMRLTA Emergency Pool
Also see By-Law 8 regarding Pool Emergencies.
- To be an emergency pool player, you must be a financial member of a club affiliated with MEMRLTA or Tennis Victoria, OR pay MEMRLTA's pool emergency player registration fee of $15/season.
- Players may apply to be an emergency pool player by completing the application form on the website.
- Players will be graded (from section 1 to lowest section for each season) and will be eligible to play for that section or above.
- The graded emergency pool list (with contact telephone numbers) will be distributed to the club contacts after grading each season.
- The captain (or team representative) is to contact the emergency pool player directly, to determine availability. If a player agrees to play, the captain (or team representative) is to contact the record secretary responsible for the Emergency Pool administration (Pool Record Secretary). The Pool Record Secretary will then add the Pool Emergency's name to the team's Player List on the online scoring system and update the Pool Emergency's availability on the MEMRLTA website. The spread sheet showing the names and availabilities of the pool emergency players will be posted on the MEMRLTA website each Monday evening if not before.
- Players can play any number of matches during a season.
- There is no restriction to the number of times a player can play with a team or club.
- Emergency pool players must play at least 3 matches when a 10-team draw and 2 matches when an 8-team draw (with ANY team or section) during the season to play in any finals match. Emergency pool players graded section 1 are ineligible to play in any semi or grand final matches.
- A pool player cannot commit to a team then become unavailable in order to then play with another team.
- The grading committee can regrade (up or down) an emergency pool player at any time
- Players may not join the emergency pool during the season if they have already played with any team (as a member or emergency), unless permission is given by the grading committee.
- As with all emergencies, the emergency pool player should play at position 3 or 4. (This does not apply to Section 1 teams as Section 1 is deemed to be an open section.)
- On the score sheet a (PE) must follow their name and a note made in the 'Match Notes’ online.