NOTES FOR TEAM CAPTAINS-
Team Captains' Responsibilities
- Make yourself and your team familiar with the MEMRLTA by-laws.
- At the beginning of the season, check that your details in the fixture are correct. Inform the MEMRLTA Secretary, Helen Williams, if corrections are required by emailing or phoning 0413 229 107.
- When you are the home team, enter the first names and surnames of the players for your team on the score sheet, and include details for the registration of any emergencies. Ensure that the away team captain enters all the details of her players, including emergency registration information, before the match commences. See illustrations below.
- When you are the home team, enter the results of each set on the score sheet immediately after the sets are completed, before the next sets commence.
- If you are going to be unavailable during the season, please contact each of the following and provide the name and contact details of the person acting as captain in your absence:
- the opposing captain(s), AND
- the Record Secretary, Jackie Aslett, at or on 0412 032 512.
- Notify the Pool Emergency Record Secretary, Christine Youings, at EVERY time you book a Pool Emergency player.
- Entering and Confirming Match Results Online
- When you are the home captain, enter the results on Match Centre ASAP, but definitely before 8pm the Wednesday following the match.
- When you are the away team captain confirm or dispute the results up until 8pm the Thursday following the match.
- We highly encourage and recommend that each team member have a Match Centre login with a linked Player Profile so that any team member can enter match results for your team.
See illustrated step-by-step instructions on how to enter match results online into Match Centre.
Reminders to all Team Captains when playing an Emergency
- Club and Pool Emergencies should not strengthen your team and should play in positions #3 or #4.
- Club Emergencies must be registered the FIRST time they play EACH season.
- Registration is done by noting the information both on the score sheet AND in the comments section in Match Centre. Include any previous playing history including that from other Associations. See examples below.
- If the registration is not on the score sheet and/or noted in Match Centre the offending team will be fined.
- Please place an (E) beside the Emergency's name on the score sheet EVERY time an emergency is played throughout the season. Remember that an Emergency does not become a team member - even after 3 matches are played!
- Please place (PE) beside a Pool Emergency's name on the score sheet and note this in the comments section in Match Centre EVERY time a Pool Emergency is played.
- All names on the grading team sheet are regarded as team members (even if 'Emergency' was noted by their name on the grading sheet).
- Remember that any former team member NOT on the team sheet submitted for grading before the start of the season, will only be eligible to play as an emergency if they do NOT strengthen the team. (e.g. former #1 or #2 players will generally be considered INELIGIBLE- see By-la 5(f)).
- Remember to notify the Emergency Pool Record Secretary, Christine Youings, EACH time you book a Pool Emergency by emailing .
- If in any doubt of the eligibility of an emergency please contact the Record Secretary, Jackie Aslett, before the match by emailing or phoning 0412 032 512. Also, refer to our Policy for the Grading of Emergency Players.
Example of emergency players' details entered on score sheet